- Luckily, we offer wood floor after care packages that will keep your newly re-finished floor looking beautiful.
- Not to mention our maintenance packages will ensure that the desired look of your room is preserved year after year.
Wood Floor Maintenance Tips
Whether you take advantage of our awesome wood floor after care packages or not, there are a few things you can do to ensure your floors live on forever.
Maintainence / Cleaning Advice
- Wait at least two weeks before applying any cleaning products to your newly lacquered floor.
- Always use a recommended wood floor cleaning product to clean your floors. Avoid using water as it can be damaging over the long term.
- Don’t be afraid to put a nice floor mat or rug at the entrances to your house. This will help prevent your floor from getting worn down and tired looking.
- Never wet mop a wooden floor. Having standing water on your floor for any amount of time can lead to damage over time.
- Wipe up spills and messes immediately using a damp towel (not a wet towel but a damp towel).
- Do yourself and your wood floor a favour by employing these maintenance tips. As well, we can’t recommend our floor after care packages enough. They will not only protect your floor but also keep it shining for a very long time.
- Be careful with potted plants. If you have plants on your floor then it is a good idea to put a tray underneath them to prevent the water from soaking through and destroying your beautiful wood floor.
- Make sure the feet of your furniture has soft, protective pads on them. You don’t want your great, new floor getting scratched, right?
- During the winter months, use a humidifier. This will help keep your floor movement to a minimum.
- If your wood floor is in the kitchen then you will want to place a mat in front of the sink. This will protect your floor from the wear and tear of standing in one spot as well as prevent water from soaking into the floor.
- This advice will help you keep the beautiful look of your newly restored wood floor for years to come. These are simple things but they will make a big difference.
Professional Floor Cleaning
GJP Floor Sanding London is partnered with and recommends Floor Care Cleaning Services for all your professional floor cleaning needs.
Floor Care Cleaning Services provides comprehensive Wood, Stone and Vinyl floor cleaning, restoration and maintenance services to both domestic and commercial properties throughout Brighton, East Sussex and the Surrounding Areas.
Floor Care Cleaning Services specialize in many types of flooring, including the maintenance of all wood and laminate floors, all vinyl and linoleum floors and the cleaning, restoration and maintenance of all stone floors. Click here to view their website.